Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fire-fly loves of Mumbai

My feelings are shallow,
yet the pain is deep;
If you were just a bad dream
why can't I go back to sleep?

Dreams stare at the empty skies,
sitting in my empty eyes;
If you were just a passing star, a falling one
Why does the sky still burn?

WHY AM I HURT????
Why this pain??
If it was just a dance in the rain,
Why are my eyes still wet?

If it was one of those ephemeral fire-fly loves of Mumbai -
now-burning-now-dying -
just a fling,
Tell me, my sweetheart, tell me
Why does my heart sting?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While a fire-fly I might have been,
You hoped I was your sunlight, everlasting.

One mourns not the demise of the fire-fly, but the demise of the dream of the sunlight.

- The one who stopped blogging and forgot his blogger password.

Shastry said...

is it also the one who would not say her name?

Anonymous said...

That anon was roll no 204, Mr. 205 :)